Hockey in Pershore dates from around 1880. The exact date is unclear as the first games were between the District XI and visiting opposition. With players almost exclusively from University, College or Public School the hosts played in a variety of colours, their visitors played in white cricket shirts. Documents from that time show that players travelled to the pitches on bicycles or pony and trap with local young boys being given a penny to mind the horses during the game. A small shed provided the changing facilities and after-match entertainment was provided at the local house of one of the regular players, consiting of tea, or perhaps a drop of scotch.
In the early part of the century club players were largely drawn from members of the professions; doctors, solicitors, clergy and military men. Pershore players regularly featured in the county team despite the lack of clubhouse. Until 1932, when the building which is now the main clubhouse was opened, the social receptions of the club took place in The Angel and The Three Tuns. Match fees are recorded as being 2/6d.
After the war the Forces became a major source of playing talent alongside the larger local industries that were springing up in the Vale. By the time the 1960s arrived the influx of players had changed again to include a large contingent from Prince Henry's Grammar School, an association which formed the nucleus of the club for several decades.